Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tooling U Goes Mobile


In case you hadn’t heard, Tooling U did something pretty cool this week. There is now a mobile version of our training program. Users of Tooling U can now access all training and assessment information from their cell phone. The application is compatible with all Blackberry, Apple IPhone and Windows Mobile devices. Check it out at http://www.toolingu.com/mobile.

I got the opportunity this weekend to try it out. I have to admit – this was the first time I had ever used my cell phone for something other than “send” and “end.” Talk about technologically savvy!

Logging in was very easy. The most difficult part of the entire process was trying to navigate myself to the website. I wasn’t exactly sure how to type in the website address. When I finally managed to load the site, I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to access the website. I logged in as a student without any problems, and opened a class. Despite what I anticipated, the text on my screen was large
enough for me to read and comprehend. The graphics loaded with each lesson were clear and easy to interpret.

To be honest, I think the application is pretty cool. It opens many possibilities for Tooling U users, including monitoring training from outside the office. I can’t wait for the first time I see someone taking a final exam ahead of me in line at Starbucks!



Marketing Manager

No comments: